The Best Internet Cafés in Your Own Backyard – Suburban Hotspots
ST. LOUIS, MO: (STLRestaurant.News) – Suburban Hotspots – Who doesn’t love a snug little cafe with good food and drink, pleasant surroundings, and free Wi-Fi? Whether you just need to get out of the office or home office for a few hours, meet with a client or contractor, or simply need to get online when your Internet goes down, a Wi-Fi hotspot fills the bill. In major urban areas like St. Louis, coffee shops and cafés abound. But where do you go when you don’t want to drive into the city? There are the big corporate chains of course, but St. Louis’ suburbs are also rich in options, with unique, independently owned spots offering their own special blends of coffee, comfort and work-friendly ambiance.
Last week we examined the best Wi-Fi cafés in St. Louis proper. (Shout out to The Mud House Coffee & Kitchen in St. Louis’ Benton Park neighborhood!) Then we found the best places to get your Wi-Fi fix in the Metro-East. (Answer: Maeva’s in Alton!) Just as in those cases, our analysis of the best suburban hotspots west of the Mississippi is based on customer reviews. And again, we made it a point to look for the best independently owned places in different communities surrounding the City of St. Louis.
Topping the list, we head to the Old Webster Groves Business District, to the Webster Groves Garden Café at 117 East Lockwood Ave. Customers gave them 4.5 Stars for their warm, friendly service and relaxed casual cafe atmosphere. They also appreciate WG Garden Café’s commitment to providing great coffee and baked goods, while keeping their impact on the environment minimal. The café sells only organic, fair trade coffee which is roasted locally by La Cosecha Coffee Roasters in Maplewood. All of the packaging they use is compostable or recyclable. To complement the coffee, they’ve partnered with La Bonne Bouchée, who provides them with a rotating selection of fresh pastries every day. They’ve even planted a garden out back, with the hopes of eventually incorporating fresh herbs and vegetables into their spring smoothies and teas. WGGC is open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, and 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays. They’re closed Sundays.
There are several independent Wi-Fi cafes in St. Louis County. These are the best according to customer reviews:
- Webster Groves Garden Café, 117 E Lockwood Ave., Webster Groves (314) 475-3490 (4.5 Stars)
- The Wolf Café, 15480 Clayton Road, Ballwin, MO (636) 527-7027 West St. Louis’ (4.5 Stars)
- 6 North Café, 14438 Clayton Road, Ballwin, (636) 527-0400 (4.5 Stars)
- Karma Coffee, 15801 Manchester Road, Ellisville, (314) 475-4104 (4.5 Stars)
- Perk It Up, 5526 Telegraph Road, South St. Louis County, (314) 845-6613 (4.5 Stars)
So where can you find a great coffee shop/café with lighting fast Wi-Fi and a comfortable vibe in the outer suburbs? Well, customers in St. Charles County picked Picasso’s Coffee House at 2786 Muegge Road in St. Charles, (636) 447-4515 as their top spot. Customers gave them 4.5 stars for their warm and friendly service, artistic vibe, delicious coffee and tea drinks, and their scrumptious pastries. They now have a second location at 1650 Beale Street, in the new Streets of St. Charles development.
Here are the best Wi-Fi cafes in the outer suburbs:
- Picasso’s Coffee House at 2786 Muegge Road in St. Charles, (636) 447-4515 (4.5 Stars)
- Bike Stop Café, 701 S Riverside Drive, St Charles, (636) 724-9900 (4.5 Stars)
- The Bridge, 3257 Domain Street, St. Charles (New Town), (636) 724-9921 (4.5 Stars)
- Xpresso Coffee House, 1351 Jefferson, Washington, MO (Franklin County), (636) 200-3390 (4.5 Stars)
- Roasted Bean Coffee Shop, 441 Main Street, Troy, MO (Lincoln County), (636) 775-2566 (4.5 Stars)
Since we were covering such a large geographic area with this best of list, there were a few places that didn’t make the list. (Hey, we had to draw the line somewhere!) These spots would make any top 10 in their local communities, so they are still well worth noting here. Honorable Mentions go to:
- Mario’s Donuts & Café, 2786 Muegge Road in St Charles (636) 447-4515 (4.5 Stars)
- Tony’s Donuts & Bakery, 6045 Howdershell Road in Hazelwood (314) 395-1886 (4 Stars)
- VB Chocolate Bar at 5326 Hwy N in Cottleville, (636) 352-1139 (4 Stars)
It should come as no surprise that the top hotspots are as varied and interesting as the communities that surround St. Louis. Each has a personality all its own, plus great food, friendly service and fast, free Wi-Fi. So wherever you are in the metro area, there’s a terrific Internet café as close as your own backyard!