Current Events from around the world including political news, economic and financial news, current events – St. Louis weather, sports & more
Website Page Links For Easy Navigation
- Home Page
- Website Navigation Page
- Submit Press Release
- News Tip Submission
- STL Blog Directory
- Submit Your Blog for Aggregation
- News Sitemap
- Donate to Support STL.New, Ad Free
- Web Design Firm, St. Louis Media, LLC
- Website Host
Current Events & Topics: Hurricane Irma Destruction – President Trump – North Korea Missile Launch Over Japan – Washington Politics – ACLU sues the city of St. Louis, China imposes limits on North Korea – US flies bombers off the coast of North Korea
Current Events, Headline News & St. Louis Weather Forecast for Sunday, September 24, 2017
- Weather Forecast & Air Quality Index – read the current weather conditions and forecast for the next few days at STL.News.
Current Events, Headline News & St. Louis Weather Forecast for Saturday, September 23, 2017
- US flies bombers off the coast of North Korea – US is sending a message by displaying our overwhelming military strength off the coast of NKorea.
- State of Missouri Center of Racial Conflict – triggered by the acquittal of Jason Stockley for the killing of Anthony Lamar Smith
- 5,000th Article on STL.News – US-Mexico Border Crossing AP Article
- China imposes oil limits on North Korea – China recently announced that they will impose sanctions/limits of energy supplies to North Korea
- St. Louis Current Weather Conditions & Forecast
Current Events, Headline News & St. Louis Weather Forecast for Friday, September 22, 2017
- Stocks closer slighly higher – energy companies lead the rally.
- Weather Conditions & Forecast for St. Louis
Current Events, Headline News & St. Louis Weather Forecast for Thursday, September 21, 2017
Current Events, Headline News & St. Louis Weather Forecast for Wednesday, September 20, 2017
- St. Louis Weather Conditions & Weather Forecast – current weather conditions and forecast for the next week.
Current Events, Headline News & St. Louis Weather Forecast for Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- Protesters Disrupt Business – making good on their threat to disrupt St. Louis business.
- Globals Financial Markets – global shares are mixed. Nikkei rises.
- St. Louis Weather Forecast & Air Quality Index for September 19, 2017 – Read current weather conditions and forecast for the next 7 days.
- Trump @ the United Nations – America is second to speak at the United Nations today in NYC.
Current Events, Headline News & St. Louis Weather Forecast for Monday, September 18, 2017
- Global Markets – monitor oversea markets and more at STL.News.
- US Flies Powerful Warplanes – despite tensions between the US and North Korea, the US flies powerful warplances projecting a powerful image.
- Trump’s Week – President Donald Trump will appear before the United Nations.
- Weather Forecast for St. Louis, MO, September 18th – read current weather conditions, forecast and Air Quality Index for today and the upcoming week.
- The Latest: Dozens Arrested in St. Louis – again, protest turned into vandalism threatening the future of downtown St. Louis as businesses suffer now because area residents fear for safety. This protesting and vandalism will be the death of St. Louis if it is not stopped!
- More Protests, More Vandalism, More Arrested – dozens arrested as St. Louis readies for more protests.
Current Events, Headline News & St. Louis Weather Forecast for Sunday, September 17, 2017
- Protesters breadking windows downtown St. Louis – for the third night, vandalism has broken out in downtown St. Louis.
- Protesters tell police to “stop killing us” – The Latest by The Associated Press about demonstrations in St. Louis about the acquittal of Jason Stockley, a former St. Louis police officer charged with the killing of suspect, Anthony Lamar Smith.
- Protesters gather at St. Louis police HQ – hundreds of protesters gather at the downtown police headquarters to give a message, “stop killing us”. A significant amount of whites were present representing a wide spread group with the same feelings.
- Demonstrations expected today, 3rd day – St. Louis area readies for the third day of demonstrations. More meaningless destruction is expected as Governor Greitens issues warning.
- Governor Greitens Warns Protesters – the Governor posted on his Facebook page that protesters were arrested for breaking shop windows in the St. Louis suburb of University City overnight and are in jail and will face felony charges. Governor also warned that authorities will not let property damage go unchecked.
- Hurricane/Tropical Storm Advisories Issued – the National Hurricane Center has issued advisories for Eastern North Pacific and the Atlantic.
- Weather Forecast for St. Louis, MO, September 17, 2017 – read current weather conditions and forecast for the upcoming week.
- Some Public Transportation Halted – due to violence in a suburb area of St. Louis, the Metro suspended light rail and bus service until Sunday (today).
Current Events, Headline News & St. Louis Weather Forecast for Saturday, September 16, 2017
- Justice Department won’t investigate Jason Stockley – The US Department of Justice says it will not open a civil rights investigation into the fatal shooting of black man, Anthony Lamar Smith.
- 2nd Day of Protests – protesters flood area mall. 2nd day of protests after a mostly peaceful demonstrations that escalated into scattered acts of vandalism and violence.
- St. Louis Protesters Flood Area Mall – protesters continue disturbing most residents daily lives by taking their message to West County Mall.
- 2nd Day of Protests in St. Louis – Herman Park in University City is the location of the protests for the 2nd day of acquittal of Jason Stockley, former St. Louis police officer for the killing of a local black man.
- MoDOT – seeks public input on long-range transporation plan.
- St. Louis braces for more protest – the acquittal of white former St. Louis police officer has sparked outrage locally by a variety of support groups and races.
- U2 cancels concert in St. Louis – due to the protest, triggered by the acquittal of a white for St. Louis police officer in the killing of a black suspect.
- St. Louis Circuit Judge, Timothy Wilson verdict decision – Judge Wilson acquitted former St. Louis police officer, Jason Shockley. Questions of gun planting, outburst key in officer’s verdict.
- St. Louis Weather Forecast for Saturday, September 16, 2017 – read the St. Louis local weather forecast and Air Quality Index.
- St. Louis Protest – 10 St.Louis police officers hurt in St. Louis protest triggered by acquittal of a white former police officer in a shooting death of a black man in St. Louis.
- Former St. Louis Police Officer Acquitted – Jason Shockley was acquitted for the killing of Anthony Lamar Smith in 2011.
- North Korea Committed to Nuke Program – defiant North Korean leader, Kim Jong Un, says he will complete the nuke program.
Current Events, Headline News & St. Louis Weather Forecast for Friday, September 15, 2017
- Protesters facing off with the St. Louis police – after ex-cop, Jason Shockley was found to be not quilty for fatally shotting a black man in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Incident @ Subway Station in London – Terror attack on London with more information to come.
- Trump & Lawmakers Squabble – did they make a deal or not?
- Asia Shares – mixed after North Korea launches another missile over Japan despite of sanctions and warnings by the US and other countries.
- North Korea Launches Another Missile – Despite sanctions and warnings, North Korea launched another missile over Japan’s island of Hokkaido as residents were starting their day.
- St. Louis Weather Forecast – St. Louis current weather conditions, forecast and Air Quality Index for Friday, September 15, 2017.
Current Events, Headline News & St. Louis Weather Forecast for Thursday, September 14, 2017
- Mattis thoughts on missile launch – Jim Mattis, Defense Secretary, call North Korea missile launch a reckless act.
- NK Missile Launch – according to South Korea, North Korea has launched another missile over Japan.
- $2B Battling Forest Fires – Forest Service spends a new record of $2 billion battling forest fires.
- DJIA Makes a New High – The Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) makes new high while other indexes struggle.
- Russia Fires Missiles – Russian navy fires curise missiles into eastern Syria striking Islamic State targets.
- UNBELIEVABLE PEOPLE – two men arrested for stealing a utility pole Florida while residents struggle for survival.
- Trump Heads to Florida – President Trump is heading to Florida to survey the Irma recovery.
- St. Louis Weather Forecast – Weather conditions, Air Quality Index and weather forecast for the next few days.
- Global Stocks – Global stocks most lower on Thursday after data showed retail sales/industrial output growth slowed in China.
Current Events, Headline News & St. Louis Weather Forecast for Wednesday, September 13, 2017
- Trump urges bipartisan fix for young immigrants – Trump told lawmakers Wednesday that he’d open to signing legistlation protecting thousands of young immigrants from deportation even if the bill does not include fuding for is promised border wall.
- Kaspersky Antivirus – US banned government agencies from using while Best Buy said that it will no longer sell the software made by the Russian company.
- US stocks close higher – US stocks closed the day with small gains as the DJIA closed at 22,158.18 +39.93, S&P 500 closed at 2,498.37 +1.89 and the Nasdaq closed at 6,460.19 +5.91.
- Missouri Lawmaker Censured – Dem. Senator Maria Chappelle-Nada censured over making a post Facebook post hoping for President Donald Trump’s assassination. Censored?
- Trump Administration Travel Ban – the Supreme Court is allowing the Trump administration to maintain its restrictive policy on refugees.
- St. Louis Weather Forecast – Weather Conditions, Forecast & Air Quality Index for Wednesday, September 13, 2017
- HEALTHCARE ALERT – study prompts call to examine flu vaccine & miscarriage
- Asian Stocks Rise – after Wall Street makes new highs attributed to an encouraging jobs report and two hurricanes disasters eased.
Current Events, Headline News & St. Louis Weather Forecast for Tuesday, September 12, 2017
- Stocks Make New Record High – Dow Jones Industrial Average closed today, Tuesday, September 12, 2017, at 22,228.86 +61.49 pts, S&P 500 closed at 2,396.48 +8.37 and the Nasdaq closed at 6,454.28 +22.02. Source of closing numbers Google Finance.
- NASCAR Story – Danica Patrick done at Stewart-Haas Racing according to a according to a Facebook post.
- FEMA Estimates of Hurricane Irma – FEMA estimates that 25% of the homes in the Florida Keys are gone.
- St. Martin Island – desperate conditons while rescurers arrive and begin this unprecedented natural disaster.
- European Officials visit & help with rescue efforts in the Caribbean – 1500 French troops, police and emergency workers assist with the rescues and recovery. More help to arrive soon.
- St. Louis Weather Forecast – weather forecast and Air Quality Index for Tuesday, September 12, 2017.
- Accessing the damage in Florida – officials and Floridians begin the long miserable process of assessing the damage left by Category 4 Hurricane Irma.
- Global Stocks Rise – as Irma leaves and tensions between the US & North Korea fade, global stock markets mostly rise.
Current events, Headline News & St. Louis Weather Forecast for Monday, September 11, 2017
- United Nations Approves Sanctions Against North Korea – Today, UN approves watered-down sanctions against North Korea.
- 9/11 Anniversary – President Donald Trump carried out a sadly familiar ritual for U.S. leaders.
- US Aircraft Carried rushed to the Florida Keys – US Navy has been ordered to rush to the Florida Keys to assist in the recovery.
- Market Indexes set records – as Irma leaves Florida and tensions between US & North Korea fade, investors took stock prices higher.
- Ceremony at Ground Zero commemorating 9/11 – today, September 11, 2017 is the 16th since the deadliest terrorist attack on US soil.
- Vice President Mike Pence speaks to relatives & friends of victims of United Flight 93 – attending the 16th anniversary ceremony.
- Irma leaves Florida – Irma takes a parting shot as it finally leaves Florida leaving destruction.
- PEOPLE ARE UNBELIEVABLE! Looting in Miami as Hurricane Irma hit!
- 9/11 Ceremony at Ground Zero – US commemorates 9/11 with thousands expected to attend. 16 years ago nearly 3,000 died at the trade center, the Pentagon and a field near Shanksville, PA.
- St. Louis Weather Forecast – Weather Forecast & Air Quality Index for Monday, September 11, 2017
- North Korea does not launch missile – World stocks rally after North Korea refrains from launch.
- Irama weakened, but the massive size lashes Florida – with high winds and rain, Irma is leaving her mark on Florida. The damage is unknown as first responders wait for daybreak.
Current Events, Headline News & St. Louis Weather Forecast for Sunday, September 10, 2017
- Hurricane Irma is hitting Florida hard – storm surge up to 10 feet in the Keys and expecting up to 15 feet in mainland areas.
- Hurricane Irma hits Florida Keys – Irma begins its assault on Florida. “Pray for everybody”, said Florida Governor, Rick Scott early today.
- Hurricane Irma Hits the Florida Keys – now upgraded to a Category 4, Irma is hitting the Florida Keys now. Eye of the Hurricane isn’t expected until tonight, but damage has began.
- Miss America to be crowned in spite of Hurricane Irma – tonight on ABC @ 9 pm EST.
- St. Louis Weather Forecast – for Sunday, September 10th @ 4:51 am.
- Cuba surveys damaged left by Hurricane Irma – toppled houses, buildings & flooding left by Hurricane Irma.
- Hurricane Irma is hitting the Florida Keys – Category 4 has now arrived the Keys.
Current Events, Headline News & St. Louis Weather Forecast for Saturday, September 9, 2017
- Mexico Earthquake – saxophones and sobbing, Mexicans mourn the earthquake dead.
- Florida Residents Have Been Warned – some have chosen to ride our Hurricane Irma?
- Trump warns those in the path of Irma – “just get out of the way”.
- Pope Francis Speaks – church is not a customs post, its doors are open.
- AP Exclusive – toxic sites likely in path or Hurricane Irma.
- Hurricane Harvey, then Irma, now Jose – Irma hits Cuba hard while Jose is threat elsewhere.
- Rally in London – Thousands rally in London in protest of Britain’s exit from EU.
- Irama Shifts Direction – Heading towards Tampa rather than Miami.
- Emergency Aid – President Trump sets aid into motion upsetting GOP.
- Irma Update – Irma’s winds begin to hit the southern part of Florida.
- Trumps signs bill – providing Harvey aid and tempory increase in the debt ceiling.
- Florida Residents Face Irma – despite the many warning, some Florida residents decide to ride it out at home.
- Irma, The Latest – Irma weakens slightly while heading towards Florida. Residents are still evacuating and those that have not evacuated are still be encouraged to evacuate.
- St. Louis Weather Forecast – for September 9, 2017, a few clouds, with no rain predicted.
Current Events, Headline News & St. Louis Weather Forecast for Friday, September 8, 2017
- Trump & Ryan – a relationship damaged as Trump makes moves that excludes his own party. Ryan mostly likely confused by Trump’s actions.
- US Stocks – stocks continue to waver as energy companies fall as the trading week comes to an end.
- Hurricane Irma Update – death toll up to 22. It is expected to increase as rescuers reach hardest hit areas.
- Irma’s Storm Surge – National Hurricane Center warns that surge could reach 10 feet in Florida.
- Asian Stocks – markets lower by worry about Hurricane Irma and North Korea crisis.
- St. Louis Weather Forecast – weather conditions, forecast and Air Quality Index ratings for the St. Louis, Missouri area.
- The House – heads towards Hurricane Harvey aid bill and a temporary debt ceiling increase passage.
- Hurricane Irma – is this the “Big One” that Florida has dreaded? Irma is heading for Florida, expecting it to hit this upcoming weekend.
Current Events, Headline News & St. Louis Weather Forecast for Thursday, September 7, 2017
- Hurricane Irma – it is estimated that Irma will “blow that (Andrew) out of the water”.
- Senate – passes $15 billion disaster aid while increasing debt limit
- The Latest Regarding Hurricane Irma – Irma slams the Caribbean, heading for Florida
- Trump Jr. – tells Senators that there was no collusion with the Russians. He stated that the interest in meeting with the Russian attorney was for information regarding Hillary Clinton.
- Facebook – sells ads to Russia during US campaign
- Hurricane Irma – The Latest
- Trump Jr. heads to Capitol Hill – interview on Capitol Hill, Senate investigation regarding Russia meddling.
- St. Louis Weather Forecast – obtained from the Nation Weather Service
Current Events for Wednesday, September 6, 2017
- Trump overrules GOP
- Trump says China agrees with US on North Korea
- Hurricane Irma begin hitting Puerto Rico
- Hurricane Irma
- Congress – Insurance Markets
- US Trade Deficit
- St. Louis Weather
Current Events for Tuesday, September 5, 2017
- TOP STORY – Harvey aid, debt on returning Congress’ daunting to-do list
- North Korea
- Hurricane Irma
- St. Louis Weather
We publish news covering current events and affairs from across the globe, International news, national news, local news, sports and St. Louis weather.
Our content is provided to us by The Associated Press or written by our team of local journalists that are dedicated to accurate timely news.