Top 10 Barbecue Restaurants in St. Louis
St. Louis, MO (STL.News) – Summer is the perfect season for barbecue and St. Louis is known for some of the best BBQ in the country. Some consumers create their own BBQ fantasizing of becoming an award-winning barbecue chef, while some prefer to buy BBQ. No two barbecue sausces taste the same. No food group has more “secret recipes” than barbecue. Barbecue contest are popular all across the country during the summer. Barbecue is big business!
St Louis residents take their food as serious as they take their sports having created their own pizza, St Louis style pizza, St. Louis style barbecue, toasted ravioli, gooey butter cake and more to satisfy their own taste and style. St Louis residents have a unique way of customizing St Louis cuisines.
A popular St Louis dining editor, George Mahe, with St. Louis Magazine wrote an article ” Ask George: What is St. Louis-Style Barbecue?” on May 24th, 2012 that describes St Louis style barbecue.
According to Wikipedia, St Louis-style barbecue specifically refers to spare ribs that are grilled rather than slow-cooked over indirect heat. Unsupported statistics are; St Louis consumes more barbecue sauce per capita than any other city in the nation. St Louis style barbecue sauce is typically “very sweet”, slightly acidic, sticky tomato based usually made without liquid smoke.
As always, our Top 10 List are based solely on customer reviews, not our opinion. We use a public online review site to determine these ratings.
The Top 10 Barbecue Restaurants in St. Louis are:
- Salt + Smoke – rated #1 out of 45 in University City. Results are based on more than 600 reviews. Salt + Smoke is located at 6525 Delmar Blvd, University City, MO. Phone (314) 727-0200
- Sugarfire Smoke House – rated #8 out of 87 Quick Bites restaurants in St. Louis. Results are based on more than 900 online reviews. Sugarfire has multiple locations, but the location with this rating is located at 605 Washington Avenue, St. Louis, MO. Phone (314) 394-1720
- The Shaved Duck – rated #21 out of 2401 restaurants in St. Louis. Results are based on more than 660 online reviews. The Shave Duck is located at 2900 Virginia Avenue, St. Louis, MO. Phone (314) 776-1407
- Roper’s Ribs – rated #97 out of 2401 restaurants in St. Louis. Results are based on more than 150 online reviews. Roper’s Ribs is also rated #99 out of 2393 restaurants in St. Louis. Roper’s Ribs is located at 6929 West Florissant Avenue, St. Louis, MO. Phone (314) 381-6200
- Salt + Smoke (2nd location) – rated #203 out of 2401 restaurants in St. Louis. Results for this location are based on 70+ reviews. This Salt + Smoke location is located at 5625 Hampton Avenue, St. Louis, MO. Phone (314) 727-0200
- Smoking Barrels Barbeque – rated #229 out of 2401 restaurants in St. Louis. Results are based on 75 online reviews. Smoking Barrels Barbeque is located at 5641 South Kingshighway Blvd, St. Louis, MO. Phone (314) 669-9454
- Gobble Stop Smokehouse – rated #3 out of 51 restaurants in Creve Coeur. Results are based on 72 online reviews. Gobble Stop Smokehouse is located at 1227 Castillons Arcade Plz, Creve Coeur, Saint Louis, MO. Phone (314) 878-5586
- Bandana’s Bar-B-Q – rated #6 out of 136 restaurants in Florissant. Results are based on 93 online reviews. Bandana’s is also rated #6 out of 135 restaurants in Florissant, MO. They are located at 8234 N Lindbergh Blvd, Florissant, Saint Louis, MO. Phone (314) 837-6000
- Weber Grill Restaurant – rated #9 out of 45. Results are based on 145 online reviews. Weber Grill Restaurant is located at 1147 Saint Louis Galleria, St. Louis, MO. Phone (314) 930-3838
- BBQ Saloon – rated #228 out of 2401 restaurants in St. Louis. Results are based on 190 online reviews. BBQ Saloon is located at 4900 Laclede Ave, Saint Louis, MO. Phone (314) 833-6666.
Again, our ratings are based solely on online customer reviews. We change nothing. Naturally, restaurants with fewer ratings are, more than likely, newer restaurants. These restaurants do not pay for these ratings or to participate in this review. We may solicit the restaurants to sponsor the content and pay to provide links to their website.