Governor Chris Sununu Letter to House and Senate Finance Committees Regarding Updated Revenue Projections
Concord, NH (STL.News) Governor Chris Sununu sent a letter to the House and Senate Finance Committees with updated revenue projections after a strong and prosperous February, as February revenues exceeded plan by 18.5 percent, pointing towards increased revenue estimates.
As a result of a strong economy and revenue performance, the Governor has identified $70 million in additional funding, and wrote to legislative leaders encouraging the House to reintroduce key items during their phase of the budget process.
Among the areas the Governor is urging the House to include are:
- Maintain transitional housing services at the Department of Corrections
- Fund existing shared services division positions at DoIT
- Fund support for family resource centers through DHHS
- Fund existing civilian positions at the Department of Safety
- Provide a state match for the Small Business Development Center