2018 Alton Restaurant Week Features 20 Local Restaurants
Alton, IL (STL.News) Another great chance to sample food from many fine restaurants is upon us. Now in its seventh year, Alton Restaurant Week 2018 is set for January 19–28. This year, 20 locally owned and operated restaurants in the Great Rivers area (Alton, Godfrey, Grafton and Bethalto) will showcase their unique offerings. Just like other restaurant week events around St. Louis, there’s no need to buy tickets or use special coupons. Just show up hungry. Unlike most of the other events, this one also includes lunch!
During Alton Restaurant Week, every participating restaurant will offer $10 lunch specials and/or $25 dinner specials (including some $25 “dinner for two” specials). The list of restaurants participating this year includes some old Restaurant Week favorites and few new ones:
1. Alton Wood River Sportsmen’s Club (Godfrey) is new this year. They’re offering lunch and dinner specials, including a 24 oz. Ribeye Steak dinner for $25 per person.
2. Bluff City Grill (Alton). This Historic downtown Alton bar and grill is offering both lunch and dinner specials, including their peppered tenderloin sandwich and homemade chips for $10 at lunch.
3. Carver’s Southern Style BBQ (Godfrey). This longtime, family owned BBQ joint is offering a $10 pulled pork sandwich meal for lunch and a “two for $25” dinner that includes an entire rack of ribs to share plus salads and sides.
4. Castelli’s at 255 (Alton) is a landmark establishment that’s been serving customers for more than 80 years. Restaurant Week diners can get a special $10 lunch featuring their famous Talk-N-Chic fried chicken, indulge in a steak and shrimp dinner for $25 per person, or share a pasta dinner for two for $25.
5. Chez Marilyn (Alton) is known for their scratch made food, hand crafted martinis and broad beer selection. They’re offering a nice variety of lunch options for $10, plus a three-course dinner that includes house wine, a well drink, or domestic beer for $25 each. There’s a trimmed down “two for $25” dinner option too.
6. Fin Inn (Grafton). This unique aquarium restaurant along the Great River Road is known for its seafood and Derby pie. For Restaurant Week, they’re offering both $10 lunches and “two for $25” dinners. Options include catfish, Alaskan whitefish, or frog legs, plus sides and a free dessert!
7. Gentelin’s on Broadway (Alton). This relaxed fine dining establishment is offering a variety of three-course dinners for $25 per person. Diners can choose from three salads, four entrees (including two pastas, chops, or Ahi tuna), and two desserts.
8. Grafton Winery & Brewhaus (Grafton). Nestled among the river bluffs, this restaurant overlooks the confluence of the Mississippi and Illinois Rivers. For Restaurant Week, they’re offering $10 lunch and “two for $25” dinner specials. Both meals include a glass of wine or beer!
9. Great Rivers Tap and Grill at Best Western Premier (Alton) is known for their chef-driven menu and nice selection of local craft beers on tap. They’re offering a $10 lunch that includes choice of starters plus a ½ lb. burger or 8 in. artisan pizza plus coffee or iced tea. Their “two for $25” dinner special includes one starter, two entrees, and a dessert to share plus two drinks (coffee, iced tea, glass of draft beer or house wine).
10. High Flyers Grille (East Alton). This neighborhood bar and grill sits right on top of St. Louis Regional Airport. They’re offering a soup and salad $10 lunch (including soft drink) and a couple of “two for $25” dinner options, including pizza and salad for two or entrees featuring their signature Pepperloin Kabobs. Wine is included with both dinner options.
11. Johnson’s Corner (Alton). This family owned, neighborhood restaurant is known for their generous portions. For Restaurant Week, they’re offer a $10 pizza and salad lunch and a “two for $25” dinner special that includes two 8-oz bacon-wrapped sirloin entrees with two sides.
12. Journey at the Argosy Casino (Alton). The restaurant inside Alton’s riverboat casino offers stunning views of the Mississippi River and the Clark Bridge. For restaurant week, this fine dining establishment is offering a three-course dinner for $25 per person as well as bottled wine specials.
13. Morrison’s Irish Pub (Alton). The best Irish pub in St. Louis (2017) is offering both $10 lunch and “two for $25” dinner specials for Restaurant week. Lunch options include a sandwich, like their hot corned beef sandwich along with salad or soup, including bubble and squeak soup. Dinner offers Irish beef stew or bangers & mash.
14. My Just Desserts (Alton) is a quaint cafe in Alton’s historic East side neighborhood. They’re offering a $10 lunch that includes the choice of their hot Italian beef on a pretzel bun or their extra cheesy Mac & Cheese. Both options include dessert (scratch-made Cherries in the Snow).
15. Nicky G’s Italian Eats (Alton) is new to the Restaurant Week line up this year. They’re offering a $10 lunch choice of soup, salad, or Italian beef sliders. Their $25 dinner for two includes salad, warm breadsticks, and a choice of pastas, plus a dessert sampler to share.
16. Old Bakery Beer Company (Alton) is downtown Alton’s certified organic craft brewery. Their Restaurant Week $10 lunch includes ½ sandwich with soup or salad, served with a beer or soft drink. Their $25 dinner for two features meatloaf with homemade sides along with two beers or soft drinks.
17. Olga’s Kitchen (Alton) is offering a $10 Restaurant Week lunch that includes a full-size Olga’s Salad with chicken, or one of several Greek-style Olga sandwiches (original, chicken, or ham and cheese) served with curly fries. Their $25 dinner for two adds starters (soup or salad) and dessert to share.
18. Roper’s Regal Beagle (Godfrey) is a sports pub and grill offering American comfort food and an all-season deck. The $10 lunch special includes a choice of pizza and salad; a half wood-fired sandwich with soup, salad, or house-made pub chips; or their third pound Hangover Burger with pub chips or fries. All lunches include a soft drink. They’re also offering $25 dinner specials and some “two for $25” specials as well.
19. State Street Market (Alton) is part bistro, part wine bar, and part wine shop. Their Restaurant Week $10 lunch offers diners a combo that includes any two of the following choices: salad, gluten-free quiche, artisan sandwiches, or paninis—plus a cup of soup or dessert for free.
20. Tony’s Restaurant (Alton) has been a local favorite for fresh pasta and steak for more than 60 years. They’re offering a $10 soup and salad lunch special, a $25 pasta dinner for two or $25 pepperloin kebabs for two. There’s also a $25 per person 8 oz. pepperloin dinner option. Some dinner options also include wine.
As a bonus, diners who participate in Alton Restaurant Week can get a souvenir. Just stop by the Alton Visitor Center with a receipt from one of the participating restaurants and receive a free souvenir Alton Restaurant Week glass (while supplies last). The glass commemorates the 100th anniversary of the birth of Robert Wadlow, the Alton Giant. Just bring your Restaurant Week receipt to the visitor center at 200 Piasa Street. They’re open Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday – Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The 7th Annual Alton Restaurant Week is offering diners some great bargains at their favorite Great Rivers area restaurants and the chance to try something new. It’s the perfect time to head over the Clark Bridge for a great meal. Get more information online at www.AltonRestaurantWeek.com.