The Coast Guard and local agencies began searching Friday after watchstanders at Coast Guard Sector Mobile received a report of a capsized boat in Mobile Bay.
Coast Guard crews searched an area of 1,152 square nautical miles over the course of 29 hours but were unable to locate the missing crewmember.
Involved in the search were:
- Coast Guard Station Dauphin Island Response Boat-Medium boat crew
- Coast Guard Air Station New Orleans MH-65 Dolphin-Helicopter crew
- Daphne Search and Rescue
- Alabama Department of Marine Resources
- Alabama Law Enforcement Agency
- Fort Morgan Search and Rescue Divers
- Fort Morgan Park Rangers
- Bon Secour Fire Department
- Mobile Marine Police
- Coast Guard Cutter Ridley
- North Baldwin Sheriff’s Search and Rescue
- Mobile Sheriff Flotilla
- Coast Guard Air Station Mobile HC-144 Ocean Sentry aircrew