DENVER, CO (STL.News) In an effort to get even more Coloradans vaccinated, Governor Jared Polis announced the Colorado Comeback Cash Vaccine Drawing, where vaccinated Coloradans will have the opportunity to win $1 million, for a total of $5 million in prizes given out. Each week, for five weeks, one winner will be selected. Winners will be announced on June 4, June 11, June 18, June 25, with the final winner being announced on July 7. Coloradans must be vaccinated by June 30 to qualify to win on July 7. This public health initiative is being hosted in partnership with the Colorado Department of Revenue (DOR), Colorado Lottery, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE).
“Isn’t it wonderful to be giving out $1 million dollar prizes along with protection against the Coronavirus!,” said Governor Jared Polis. “I hope this exciting public health initiative encourages even more Coloradans to get vaccinated now, and for those who have already taken this important step, you’re already eligible to win the big prize. This isn’t just about the money, but about getting more Coloradans the protection they need from this deadly virus so we can put this pandemic behind us and power the Colorado comeback.”
This public health initiative is similar to Maryland’s procedures and will be based on the COVID-19 vaccine records contained in the Colorado Immunization Information System (CIIS). The State of Colorado consulted with the Attorney General’s Office on the design of this drawing. Coloradans who have received at least one dose of the vaccine are automatically entered to win.
If a Coloradan is selected to win the one million dollar cash prize, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) and the Colorado Lottery will reach out to verify eligibility.
To be eligible to win, a person must:
- Live in the State of Colorado.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Not be an administrator of the Colorado Immunization Information System, a Colorado Lottery employee conducting the drawing, an auditor certifying the drawing, the Governor of the State of Colorado, the Lt. Governor of the State of Colorado or the Senior Director of the Colorado Lottery.
- Have received at least the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine if receiving the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or one dose if receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccines.
- Have not already won.
- Have signed and submitted all required documentation and releases as part of the claims process by the deadlines identified in the drawing procedures.
The prize money is being paid for with federal funds given to the state of Colorado to increase vaccine uptake.
For more information, please read the Frequently Asked Questions and the official rules. Coloradans can also visit ColoradoComebackCash.com and LaVacunaDelMillon.com to learn more about the drawing.
View the Governor’s full press conference here.