These St. Louis Restaurants Are Open & Celebrating Thanksgiving Day
St. Louis, MO/November 15, 2017 (STL.News) – Thanksgiving is a tradition that brings families together over a very special, often very large meal. Even as you look forward to sharing turkey and pie with friends and family, you may be dreading the work that goes into getting ready for the big meal—not to mention the clean-up. But this special family gathering doesn’t have to be so much work. There are dozens of restaurants in the St. Louis area ready to do everything for you. Whether you’re looking for a traditional turkey dinner with all the fixings, or something a little different, these 20 restaurants are serving it up for you, and they’re doing all the dishes too. Some offer special takeout options for your holiday dinner at home, and all of them offer you a Thanksgiving Day feast where the only thing you have to make is reservations.
1. Candicci’s Thanksgiving Buffet, 100 Holloway Rd, Ballwin, MO (636) 220-8989 Candicci’s is making this Thanksgiving one to remember by offering a special buffet dinner on Thanksgiving Day from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The holiday buffet includes Roasted Turkey with Giblet Gravy, Ham with Pineapple Chipotle Glaze, Herb Stuffing, Cheesy Potatoes, Molasses Sweet Potato Mash, Green Bean Casserole, Thyme Buttered Corn, Spiced Cranberry Relish, Pumpkin Pie, Pecan Pie & Fruit Pies, Coffee, Soda and Iced Tea plus Candicci’s favorites: Italian Salad & Homemade Bread and Toasted Ravioli with Marinara. Adults are $24.99 per person and $8.99 for Kids 10 & under. (4 & under eat free) Call and make your reservations early.
2. Al Smith’s Feasting Fox, 4200 South Grand Blvd, Saint Louis (314) 352-3500. This traditional German restaurant is offering a special Thanksgiving Day menu of traditional holiday dishes alongside classic German entrées. The choices include roasted turkey, baked ham, Sauerbraten, pork roulade, and New York strip loin roast. Each entrée includes soup or salad. The menu also includes appetizers like German sausages or hot Bavarian pretzels, and desserts like pumpkin pie, warm apple strudel, and Black Forest torte. Entrée prices range from $16.99 – $18.99. Reservations are required.
3. Bishop’s Post, 16125 Chesterfield Parkway West, Chesterfield, MO (636) 536-9404. This charming, Chesterfield restaurant offers two special Thanksgiving Day meals. They do Brunch from 10:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The Thanksgiving brunch buffet features carved turkey and ham, stuffing and mashed potatoes, as well as salads, smoked salmon and trout, a raw shrimp and crab claw bar, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, an omelet bar, and dessert station. The Thanksgiving brunch buffet is $39 for adults, and $15 for kids 12 and under. Bishop’s Post will also be open for dinner on Thanksgiving Day from 4–9:00 p.m. Dinner will feature their full menu, plus a Thanksgiving Day special that includes carved turkey and all the trimmings. Reservations can be made online or by phone.
4. Boston Market, 6690 Clayton Road, Richmond Heights, MO (314) 647-4500 and 6535 North Illinois Street, Fairview Heights, IL (618) 397-2797. Both St. Louis locations are offering several Thanksgiving dinner options. The restaurants are open all day offering a special Thanksgiving Day menu in the dining room. Customers can choose individual turkey or rotisserie chicken dinners, or a family meal for three, with traditional sides. They’re also offering pre-ordered Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings to be picked up earlier in the week. Menus feature turkey or ham (or a combination) with all the sides and pie. They can feed small gatherings (4-6) or larger groups (12). Prices range from $49.99 – $119.99. Or have their catering arm deliver and set up your holiday meal at your home. They can even ship a pre-cooked, complete Thanksgiving meal (frozen) anywhere in the continental U.S. on orders placed by 11/19. Whole pies, chilled mains and sides are also available ala carte for pick up.
5. Boundary at the Cheshire Inn, 7036 Clayton Avenue, Saint Louis, MO (314) 932-7818. This posh, comfortable eatery inside the historic Cheshire Inn is offering a buffet dinner from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day. The buffet will include turkey and roast beef, as well as classic sides like cornbread and oyster stuffing, sweet potato casserole, and roasted fall vegetables. There will also be salads, smoked salmon, peel-and-eat shrimp, and more. The dessert buffet includes pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and gooey butter cake. Adults are $55, kids 4–12 are $15, and those under 4 are free. Reservations are available through OpenTable.
6. The Capital Grille, 101 South Hanley Road, Clayton, MO (314) 725-0930. One of the newest restaurants in town is inviting St. Louis to have Thanksgiving dinner with them. They’re offering a special prix fixe menu from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day. The meal includes slow-roasted turkey with brioche stuffing, French green beans with Marcona almonds and cranberry pear chutney along with a bowl of Sam’s Mashed Potatoes to share. Adults are $39. Thanksgiving dinner for children is $15. Finish your meal with their creamy pumpkin cheesecake for $10 more. Their full ala carte dinner menu is also available.
7. Cielo at the Four Seasons, 999 North Second Street, Saint Louis (314) 881-5800. This elegant restaurant offers scenic views of the Gateway Arch and downtown. This Thanksgiving they’re also offering a traditional holiday buffet that includes hand-carved turkey, prime rib, and baked fish, plus classic sides, salads and dessert. The Thanksgiving Day Buffet is available from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Adults are $89, children 5–12 are $30, and kids four and under are free. Reservations can be made by calling (314) 881-5759. Cielo’s Thanksgiving ‘Turkey To-Go’ option ($295) serves 10 people. The menu includes: choice of whole roasted free-range turkey or boneless turkey roll—both with all the trimmings, including dinner rolls and two pies. It can be picked up on Tuesday, Nov. 21st, along with reheating instructions.
8. Edgewild Winery, 550 Chesterfield Center, Chesterfield, MO (636) 532-0550. This wine lover’s favorite is again serving an all-you-care-to-eat Thanksgiving buffet featuring carved turkey and stuffing, their popular baked five-cheese macaroni, smoked salmon—even an omelet bar. Thanksgiving dinner is 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. It’s $32.95 for adults and $14.95 for children 6–12. Children five and younger are free. Early reservations are recommended by calling (636) 532-0550.
9. Fleming’s Steak House, 1855 South Lindbergh Blvd, Frontenac, MO (314) 567-7610. Fleming’s Steakhouse is open Thanksgiving Day starting at 11:00 a.m. They’re serving a three-course turkey dinner with all the trimmings. The prix fixe adult menu includes roasted turkey breast with gravy, brioche stuffing, cranberries, green beans, along with both mashed and sweet potatoes. Desserts include carrot cake and pumpkin cheesecake. The $40 price excludes tax, gratuity and wine. There’s a similar menu available for children 12 and under at $15 each. For those who prefer, Fleming’s full menu will also be available all day. Either way, reservations are strongly recommended.
10. Innsbrook Resort, 1 Aspen Circle Drive, Innsbrook, MO (Warren County), (636) 928-3366. They’re serving a Grand Thanksgiving Buffet from 11:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The menu includes oven roasted turkey, honey glazed ham, mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, and other holiday favorites. Reservations are required and must be paid in advance. Adults are $28, kids 6–11 are $13, and kids 5 and under are free! Prices do not include tax and 21% gratuity. Make your reservations at [email protected] or 636.928.3366.
11. The Lemp Mansion, 3322 Demenil Place, Saint Louis, MO (314) 664-8024. This historic south city mansion well-known for its dinner theatre and haunted tours becomes a warm and festive setting for the holidays. Thanksgiving dinner at the mansion has become a St. Louis tradition. The all-you-care-to-eat turkey and ham dinner is served family style with all the trimmings, including dessert and non-alcoholic drinks, from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Adults are $39.95, children 3–10 are half price, and kids under three are free. The price includes all taxes and gratuities. Call for reservations.
12. Pere Marquette Lodge, 13653 Lodge Blvd., Grafton, IL (618) 786-2331. The historic, timber and stone lodge sits in Pere Marquette State Park along the Great River Road. The Lodge offers its traditional Thanksgiving Feast each year from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The festive meal features carving stations, a selection of traditional and unique side dishes, salads, and desserts. Adults are $28.95, kids 4–11 are $10.95, and kids 3 and under are free. Reservations are required for parties of six or more. (Note: They do a Christmas Day feast too!)
13. Pietro’s Restaurant, 3801 Watson Road, Saint Louis, MO (314) 645-9263. Nothing says Thanksgiving like gathering with family around a comfortable dinner table. That’s what Pietro’s offers southside diners. From 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. this family-owned restaurant is offering Thanksgiving dinners of turkey, roast pork, or ham with all the traditional side dishes and pumpkin pie or ice cream for dessert. Thanksgiving dinner is $23.95 for adults and $13.95 for children. Call for reservations (recommended).
14. Maggiano’s Little Italy, #2 The Boulevard Saint Louis, Richmond Heights, MO (314) 824-2402. Celebrate Thanksgiving Italian-American style. Maggiano’s offers a four-course family style meal featuring a traditional turkey dinner, with classic sides, plus pasta and dessert. It’s $40.95 for adults and $18.95 for children ages 5 to 12. Your favorite Italian entrées are also available all day (11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.). Maggiano’s also offers carryout packaged dinners for five, and you can order a whole Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake to go.
15. McCormick & Schmick’s, 17 West County Center, Des Peres, MO (314) 835-1300. The seafood and steak experts are offering diners a traditional Thanksgiving dinner of roasted turkey with your choice of butternut squash bisque or walnut mixed green salad, mashed potatoes and gravy, cornbread stuffing, seasonal vegetables, apple squash casserole, and cranberry sauce. It’s $26.50 for adults and $9.99 for kids (kids drink included). You can add a slice of pumpkin pie for $3.99 each. Both the special Thanksgiving Dinner and the regular menu are available all day, 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
16. Porter’s Steakhouse, 1000 Eastport Plaza, Collinsville, IL (618) 345-2400. This classic American steakhouse is offering a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner. The prix fixe menu includes turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, and cranberry sauce for $35 each. Many of their regular menu items are also available Thanksgiving Day, including Porter’s signature 10 oz. Grilled Pepperloin, as well as their popular lobster mac & cheese, and roasted baby Brussels sprouts. Other assorted soups, salads, and sides are also available, as are several desserts, including their famous seven-layer cakes, gluten free crème brûlée, and pumpkin pie.
17. Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, 315 Chestnut Street, Saint Louis, MO (314) 259-3200 and 1 North Brentwood Blvd, Ste 150, Clayton, MO (314) 793-9900. Both locations in St. Louis are open from noon to 7:00 p.m. They’re serving their full steak menu, plus a traditional Thanksgiving turkey dinner with sausage and herb stuffing, and your choice of starters and sides. Unlike most restaurant prix fixe dinners, Ruth’s will send you home with some Thanksgiving extras to enjoy the next day. The three-course dinner is $39.95 for adults, with a children’s Thanksgiving menu available at $12.95. Their sweet potato casserole and creamed spinach sides are also available pre-ordered to go (12 servings).
18. Scape American Bistro, 48 Maryland Plaza, Saint Louis, MO (314) 361-7227. This Central West End favorite hosts a traditional buffet dinner on Thanksgiving Day from noon to 6:00 p.m. The buffet features turkey, roast beef, and ham with all the trimmings. There are seafood and vegetarian options too, along with made-to-order crepes and a nice dessert selection. The cost is $45 for adults and $20 for children 12 and under (tax and tip not included). A credit card is required to hold reservations and there is a $45 cancellation fee.
19. Schneithorst’s Restaurant and Bar, 1600 South Lindbergh Road, Ladue, MO, (314) 993-4100. This long-time Ladue mainstay is open from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day offering traditional turkey dinners with the customary sides, plus salad and dessert. Adult holiday meals are $23.95, children eat for $10.95. Regular menu items are also available. Reservations are strongly recommended.
20. Tony’s On Main Street, 132 North Main Street, Saint Charles, MO (636) 578-2978. This Historic downtown St. Charles restaurant is offering a traditional Thanksgiving dinner buffet from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. There will be plenty of turkey and stuffing, along with crowd favorites like sweet potatoes and green beans. The buffet will also offer some very kid-friendly choices like pizza. Finish off with a slice of their pumpkin, apple, or pecan pie. The buffet is $26 for adults and $12 for children 6–12. Kids under six are free. Call for reservations. (Note: Tony’s also offers a Christmas Day buffet, and special Lunch with Santa events.)
21. Weber Grill Restaurant, 1147 Saint Louis Galleria Street, Clayton, MO (314) 930-3838. The Weber Grill Restaurant is offering a fire-grilled Thanksgiving Feast on Thanksgiving Day. The three-course meal includes a soup or salad starter, smoked turkey with grilled sausage stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce and two side, plus pie (classic pumpkin or chocolate espresso pecan). The prix fixe menu is $29.95 for adults, and $10.95 for kids 10 and under. Thanksgiving party platters are also available to go. All orders require 24 hours’ notice before pick up. Whole turkey orders must be placed by 5:00 p.m. Friday, Nov. 17. Hot food can be picked up on Thanksgiving Day from 10:00 a.m. to noon. Chilled orders may also be picked up (along with reheating instructions) on Nov. 22nd.