- Net Sales Increased 8.4%; Same-Store Sales Increased 4.0%
- Operating Profit Increased 5.9% to $577.8 Million, Adjusted Operating Profit Increased 11.6% to $608.8 Million1
- Diluted Earnings Per Share (“EPS”) Increased 8.6% to $1.65, Adjusted Diluted EPS Increased 14.5% to $1.741
- Cash Flows From Operations of $1.1 Billion
- $267 Million Returned to Shareholders through Share Repurchases and Cash Dividends
- Board of Directors Declares Third Quarter 2019 Cash Dividend of $0.32 per share
(1) See Reconciliation of Non-GAAP Financial Measures for reconciliation of Adjusted Operating Profit to Operating Profit and Adjusted Diluted EPS to Diluted EPS; see also “Non-GAAP Disclosure” herein.
“We are pleased with our second-quarter results, driven by strong performance on both the top and bottom lines,” said Todd Vasos, Dollar General’s chief executive officer. “Our results this quarter were fueled by solid execution across many fronts, including category management, merchandise innovation, store operations, and continued progress with our strategic initiatives. In addition, we remained focused on disciplined cost control, which culminated in another quarter of strong earnings growth. Given our first-half performance and expectations for the remainder of the year, we are raising our full-year financial guidance.”
“Overall, we made solid progress on each of our key initiatives and believe we are well positioned to drive continued growth as we move ahead. Importantly, the strength of our second-quarter performance further validates our belief that we are pursuing the right strategies to create meaningful long-term shareholder value.”
NOTE: this is NOT the complete report.