U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) is The Leading Law Enforcement Agency in the United States
The U.S. Department of Justice, also known as D.O.J., the Justice Department or U.S. Department of Justice, is a federal department of the United States government empowered to enforce the laws and administration of justice. It is equivalent to the justice or interior ministries of other countries. The D.O.J. was created in 1870 under the Ulysses S. Grant presidency.
The D.O.J. administers multiple federal law enforcement agencies, including the F.B.I. and the D.E.A. It is also responsible for investigating financial fraud, representing the U.S. government in legal matters, and operating the federal prison system. Additionally, D.O.J. is accountable for reviewing the conduct of law enforcement, directed by the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1944.
The U.S. Attorney General operates the D.O.J.; currently, the Attorney General is Merrick B. Garland, who was nominated by the President and confirmed by the Senate.
Related divisions of the DOJ and other federal law enforcement and national security agencies:
- ATF – Press Releases
- DEA – Press Releases
- DOJ – Press Releases
- DOJ – Antitrust Division – Press Releases
- DOJ – Civil Rights Division – Press Releases
- DOJ – Division List with Links
- DOJ – Intellectual Property Task Force – Press Releases
- DOJ – National Security Division – Press Releases
- DOJ – Office of the Inspector General – Press Releases
- DOJ – Office of US Attorneys – Press Releases
- DOJ – Office for Victims of Crime – Press Releases
- DOJ – Office on Violence Against Women – Press Releases
- DOJ – Tax Division – Press Releases
- FBI – Press Releases
- FBI – Ten Most Wanted
- NORAD – Press Releases
- NSA – National Security Agency – Press Releases
- Secret Service – Press Releases
- SMART – Office of Sex Offender Sentencing, Monitoring, Apprehending, Registering & Tracking – Press Releases
- U.S. Attorneys – List
- U.S. Commission on Civil Rights – Press Releases
- U.S. Marshals Service – Press Releases
- U.S. Marshals Service – 15 Most Wanted
We consider news from the US Department of Justice to be highly relevant. Therefore, we obtain a significant amount of US DOJ content from USDOJ.Today. STL.News tags are published on USDOJ.Today.