Find the Perfect Place for that Perfect Meal – Brunch Spots
St. Louis, MO/December 26, 2016 (STLRestaurant.News) – Brunch Spots – Many consider it the best meal of the day: brunch. St. Louis loves brunch and there are terrific places to get this old English “hangover cure” all over the metro area. The choices run from simple bakery cafes and coffee shops to fine dining establishments. There are scores of restaurants around town that offer brunch every weekend. Some even offer it every day. We wanted to know who does it best, so we did what we always do to find the best: we turned to customer reviews.
According to the folks who brunch around St. Louis, the best can be found in the city’s historic Benton Park neighborhood at The Mud House, 2101 Cherokee Street, St. Louis. That didn’t come as a big surprise, since they’re already known as a great place for coffee, and for breakfast or lunch. In fact, The Mud House topped our list of the best Internet cafes in St. Louis.
The Mud House’s casual, but sophisticated menu was created by Chef Chris Bork, and it has brunch written all over it. They offer some of the most delicious breakfast sandwiches in town, all served on fresh ciabatta with a side of dressed greens. Their English Breakfast may be the ultimate brunch choice. It’s two sunny eggs with sautéed mushrooms and greens, baked beans, bacon, toast and jam. You can make that vegan by subbing Match Soy Chorizo if you like. Of course their famous Mud Slinger is a great brunch option too. It’s roasted potatoes smothered with vegetarian black bean chili, cheddar, and red onion topped with two sunny eggs. It comes with toast. You can add bacon or ham, or truffled French onion dip if you like. They also offer a Vegan Slinger made with tofu scramble and olive oil toast. There’s also French toast with apple compote & spiced mascarpone, biscuits & gravy, grits, grilled cheese, daily quiche specials and “Dat Hash” topped with poached eggs.
Owners Casey and Jeremy Miller have kept the focus on locally sourced ingredients, expertly prepared and served in relaxing environment. That includes the coffee. There are cappuccinos, lattes, macchiatos, and cold brews. You’ll also find some thoughtful, surprising combinations like the Rosemary & Honey Latte. Make yours vegan by choosing almond, hemp, or soy milks. They also offer some nice selections from St. Louis’ Retrailer Tea Company, and from Kilogram Tea of Chicago. All that, plus free Wi-Fi! Bonus: The Mud House will be open and serving brunch on New Year’s Day starting at 10:00 a.m!
Since some of us don’t think it’s brunch without a Mimosa or Bloody Mary on the menu, we’ve noted which of the restaurants on our list serve alcohol, and which don’t. Not all are open New Year’s Day, but they all do offer brunch on a regular basis. So here are the best places to get brunch in St. Louis according to customers:
1. The Mud House (4.5 stars/631 reviews) Benton Park, 2101 Cherokee Street, Saint Louis, MO 63118, (314) 776-6599. (Coffee, Tea, Juice)
2. Southwest Diner (4.5 stars/364 reviews) Ellendale, 6803 Southwest Ave, Saint Louis, MO 63143, (314) 260-7244. (Coffee, Tea, Juice)
3. Russell’s on Macklind (4.5 stars/299 reviews) Southampton, 5400 Murdoch Ave, Saint Louis, MO 63109, (314) 553-9994. (Full bar)
4. Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar (4.5 stars/136 reviews) Frontenac, 1855 South Lindbergh Blvd, Saint Louis, MO 63131, (314) 567-7610. (Full bar)
5. Picasso’s Coffee House (4.5 stars/135 reviews) St. Charles, 101 N Main Street, Saint Charles, MO 63301, (636) 925-2911 (Coffee, Tea, Juice, Beer & Wine)
6. 2Schae Cafe (4.5 starS/134 reviews) DeBaliviere Place, 275 Union Blvd, Saint Louis, MO 63108, (314) 361-5333. (Coffee, Tea, Juice)
7. Egg (4.5 stars/126 reviews) Benton Park, 2200 Gravois Ave, Saint Louis, MO 63104, (314) 202-8244. (Full bar)
8. Caruso’s Deli (4.5 stars/108 reviews) Downtown, 1312 Washington Ave, Saint Louis, MO 63103, (314) 588-1096 (Coffee, Tea, Juice, Beer & Wine)
9. Bike Stop Cafe (4.5 stars/105 reviews) St. Charles, 701 South Riverside Drive, Saint Charles, MO 63301, (636) 724-9900. (Coffee, Tea, Juice, Beer & Wine)
10. The Living Room (4.5 stars/60 reviews) Maplewood, 2808 Sutton Blvd, Maplewood, MO 63143, (314) 899-0173. (Coffee, Tea, Juice)
Since we love brunch, here are some other choices across the metro area that are worth checking out. Honorable Mentions go to:
The Tavern Kitchen And Bar (4.5 stars/55 reviews) Central West End, 392 North Euclid Ave, Saint Louis, MO 63108, (314) 696-8400. (Full Bar)
Cafe Madeleine (4.5 stars/29 reviews) Tower Grove Park, 4256 Magnolia Ave, Saint Louis, MO 63110, (314) 575-5658. (Full Bar)
Milque Toast Bar in McKinley Heights, 2212 South Jefferson Ave, Saint Louis, MO 63104, (314) 833-0085. (Coffee, Tea, Juice)
The Egg & I in the Metro-East, 455D Regency Park, O’Fallon, IL 62269, (618) 624-3440. (Coffee, Tea, Juice)
Picture courtesy of Las Vegas Blogs
Copyright 2016 St. Louis Media, LLC d.b.a. STLRestaurant.News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.