governor cooper

North Carolina News: Governor Roy Cooper Comments on Florence Recovery Package

RALEIGH, NC – North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper made the following statement late yesterday, Monday, October 15th: Governor Roy Cooper shared the following comment on the Hurricane Florence recovery package that passed the legislature tonight: “I appreciate legislators responding quickly and taking this initial step to help North Carolinians recover from this devastating storm, particularly … Continue reading North Carolina News: Governor Roy Cooper Comments on Florence Recovery Package

North Carolina News: Greene Becomes 28th County Eligible for Florence Disaster Assistance

RALEIGH, NC – North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper’s request for major federal disaster assistance for Greene County has been approved by FEMA to help individuals and communities recover from Hurricane Florence. With the addition of Greene County, 28 counties have now been approved for federal assistance in recovering from Hurricane Florence: Beaufort, Bladen, Brunswick, Carteret, … Continue reading North Carolina News: Greene Becomes 28th County Eligible for Florence Disaster Assistance

North Carolina News: Governor Cooper Announces $18.5 Million to Provide Temporary Recovery Jobs to North Carolinians Affected by Hurricane Florence

RALEIGH, NC – North Carolina has won $18.5 million to hire North Carolinians from areas hit hard by Hurricane Florence to work on recovery efforts, Governor Roy Cooper announced today. The funds come from a grant requested by the North Carolina Department of Commerce’s Division of Workforce Solutions and awarded by the U.S. Department of … Continue reading North Carolina News: Governor Cooper Announces $18.5 Million to Provide Temporary Recovery Jobs to North Carolinians Affected by Hurricane Florence

North Carolina News: Many Residents of 27 NC Counties Can Soon Apply for Help Buying Food After Hurricane Florence

RALEIGH, NC – As early as Friday, residents in 27 counties impacted by Hurricane Florence can apply for help buying food through the Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or “D-SNAP”, Governor Roy Cooper announced today.  The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services received federal authority to implement the program from the U.S. Department … Continue reading North Carolina News: Many Residents of 27 NC Counties Can Soon Apply for Help Buying Food After Hurricane Florence

North Carolina News: Governor Roy Cooper Takes Action to Help NC Recover from Hurricane Florence

RALEIGH, NC – As people in the state of North Carolina begin to pick up the pieces left in the aftermath of Hurricane Florence, Governor Roy Cooper continues to take action to help storm survivors recover while mourning the lives lost to the storm. The state medical examiner’s office has determined an additional death was … Continue reading North Carolina News: Governor Roy Cooper Takes Action to Help NC Recover from Hurricane Florence

North Carolina News: I-95 Through North Carolina Now Open, Governor Roy Cooper announces

Motorists should still use caution along other roads in southeastern NC RALEIGH, NC – Interstate 95 through North Carolina is now reopened to all traffic, Governor Roy Cooper announced Sunday night.  Floodwaters that covered the interstate following Hurricane Florence receded quicker than expected, allowing the North Carolina Department of Transportation to complete the inspections and … Continue reading North Carolina News: I-95 Through North Carolina Now Open, Governor Roy Cooper announces

North Carolina News: Governor Roy Cooper Requests FEMA To Cover 100% of Initial Florence Response Costs

RALEIGH, NC – As catastrophic effects from Hurricane Florence persist, Governor Cooper Friday asked President Donald Trump to cover 100% of initial disaster response costs for North Carolina.  Typically, 75% of these costs are covered by FEMA with the remaining 25% paid by the state. “North Carolinians are a resilient people, but the recovery from … Continue reading North Carolina News: Governor Roy Cooper Requests FEMA To Cover 100% of Initial Florence Response Costs

North Carolin News: Governor Cooper – Rescues Continue from Flood Waters, Much of the State Still Feeling the Effects of Florence

RALEIGH, NC – North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper on Friday praised the efforts of first responders who rescued an entire town from rising waters overnight and warned residents of continued dangers from the storm. Thursday night, more than 100 people in the Bladen County town of Kelly had to be evacuated by air and boat … Continue reading North Carolin News: Governor Cooper – Rescues Continue from Flood Waters, Much of the State Still Feeling the Effects of Florence