Chowing Down with Your BFF (Best Furry Friends) – Pet Friendly Restaurants
ST. LOUIS, MO: (STLRestaurant.News) – It’s no secret that we Americans love our pets. We spend more than $60 billion each year on their care and feeding. For some, that’s simply food, grooming and medical care. For others, that means full wardrobes of clothes, including holiday attire, special car carriers, dog walkers, organic baked goods, puppy play groups, and even massages therapy sessions. In a poll last year by PoochPerks.com, 38-percent of respondents said they loved their dog more than their significant (human) other.
With all this puppy love, it’s not surprising that more and more restaurants are carving out a little pet-friendly space for their customers and their customer’s BFFs (best furry friends). Always on the cutting edge of culinary trends, St. Louis is no exception. There are scores of restaurants where pets are welcome. Generally pets are allowed only in the outdoor spaces, like patios or sidewalk café areas, and not in the dining rooms. But hey, you dog would probably look pretty silly sitting at a table with a napkin in his lap, right? Even with the limitations, St. Louis dog owners have their favorite spots, and according to the customer reviews, this is a great city for food lovers with dogs.
Topping the list of customer favorites for a repast with a pet is Edibles & Essentials Market Café in St. Louis Hills (5815 Hampton Ave). The café offers freshly prepared cuisine from a thoughtful menu and at an affordable price. They have a great patio out back, away from the traffic and noise of South Hampton Avenue. It’s a terrific spot to enjoy one of their Charcuterie boards (usually smoked, dry-cured or cooked meat with a selection of cheeses) and a local soda or a glass of fine wine with your friends, including Fido.
The weather is turning cooler, but there are sure to be a few comfortable weekends and evenings left this fall. Besides, a hot meal shared with a great friend is sure to keep you warm. So grab your leash and your BFF, and check out the top 10 pet friendly restaurants in the St. Louis area according to customer reviews:
1. Edibles & Essentials (5.0 stars/62 reviews) Saint Louis Hills, 5815 Hampton Ave, Saint Louis, MO 63109, (314) 328-2300
2. Broadway Oyster Bar (4.5 stars/863 reviews) Downtown, 736 South Broadway, Saint Louis, MO 63102, (314) 621-8811
3. Taste Bar (4.5 stars/370 reviews) Central West End, 4584 Laclede Ave, Saint Louis, MO 63108, (314) 361-1200
4. Pizzeoli – Wood Fired Neapolitan Pizza (4.5 stars/130 reviews) Soulard, 1928 South 12th Street, Saint Louis, MO 63104, (314) 449-1111
5. Hendel’s Restaurant (4.5 stars/111 reviews) Old Town Florissant, 599 St. Denis Street, Florissant, MO 63031, (314) 837-2304
6. Cafe Nova (4.5 stars/100 reviews) Princeton Heights, 5611 South Kingshighway Blvd, Saint Louis, MO 63109, (314) 351-7443
7. PuraVegan (4.5 stars/77 reviews) DeBaliviere Place, 307 Belt Ave, Saint Louis, MO 63112, (314) 932-5144
8. The Living Room (4.5 stars/58 reviews) Maplewood, 2808 Sutton Blvd, Maplewood, MO 63143, (314) 899-0173
9. The Wine Tap (4.5 stars/56 reviews) 223 East Main Street, Belleville, IL 62220, (618) 239-9463
10. Brasilia (4.5 stars/43 reviews) Grand South Grand, 3212 South Grand Blvd, Saint Louis, MO 63118, (314) 932-1034
Honorable mention: Salt + Smoke, BBQ Bourbon and Beer (4.0 stars/509 reviews) The Loop, 6525 Delmar Blvd, University City, MO 63130, (314) 727-0200. Texas style BBQ, everything made from scratch, and they offer more than 100 different bourbons, craft and barrel aged cocktails, plus craft beer options that rotate regularly, and they have great sidewalk café seating for you and your furry friend!