Eating Your Way Up and Down South Grand Blvd.
St. Louis,MO/May 11, 2017 (STLRestaurant.News) — It seems there’s always something special happening along South Grand Avenue in South St. Louis. There are neighborhood movie nights, seasonal festivals, and a seemingly endless array of food-centric celebrations. But then, the South Grand neighborhood is home to some of the best international restaurants in the city. So, every year, South Grand hosts the acclaimed International Dine Around. The event, now in its ninth year, gives diners a chance to sample small plates, desserts, and drinks from 20 select restaurants and cafés along a five block stretch of South Grand.
This year’s South Grand International Dine Around is set for Thursday, May 18, 2017 from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Tickets are picked up at registration between 4:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. on the day of the event. Registration will be at Ritz Park, 3147 South Grand Blvd. between Mangia Italiano and King and I Restaurant. Each participant gets a pack of five tickets that can be exchanged for items from the restaurant’s set Dine Around menus. The tickets can be used for any combination of menu items from any combination of participating establishments.
Here’s how it works: purchase tickets online ($30 per person) or at the event ($35 per person). Pick your tickets and the menu at Registration. Then go to the first restaurant you wish to try and take a seat (some restaurants will have booths and seating out front). Present your ticket to your server and order your small plate, dessert, or drink from their Dine Around menu. You may also purchase additional items at the restaurant if you like. Your server will bring your order. You eat the delicious food, and then move on to your next restaurant! (Don’t forget to tip your servers!) Small plates and drinks must be served and consumed at the restaurant or café. The exception is St. Louis Juice Press, which will package drinks in to-go cups. Desserts can also be ordered to-go.
All of the restaurants and cafés participating in the 9th Annual South Grand International Dine Around progressive dinner are located on South Grand Blvd. between Arsenal and Humphrey Streets. This year’s menu offers a wide variety of dishes that virtually span the globe:
- Lemongrass – Sesame or sweet and sour tofu
- Mekong Restaurant – Lemongrass beef kabob with egg roll
- Baida Restaurant – Artichoke M’Kally: Whole heart artichoke, fried, and served with vegetables cooked in a fennel tomato sauce then topped with feta cheese and olives
- Basil Spice Thai Cuisine – Crab Rangoon: cheese stick wrapped in rice paper, then deep-fried
- Mangia Italiano – Mushroom Ravioli
- Wei Hong Bakery & BBQ – Honey glazed BBQ pork and pot stickers (your choice steam or fried)
- Guerrilla Street Food – Salmon Kinilaw Tacos: raw salmon dressed in coconut vinegar, red onions, mango, radish, cucumber, black sesame seeds and a butter lettuce taco.
- Pizza Head – One slice of regular cheese pizza with vegan pepperoni
- Sheesh – Turkish Kibeh: 2 pieces of fried balls of burgul, stuffed with ground beef and walnuts
- City Diner – Beef Philly: grilled beef topped with sautéed mushroom, onion, peppers and swiss cheese served on baguette.
- Brasilia – Tostado de Camarao: shrimp sautéed with garlic and olive oil and topped with a bobo yucca sauce. Served over toasted French bread.
- The Gin Room – Gimlet with freshly muddled lime & botanical gin
- The King and I Restaurant – Strawberry Margarita
- St. Louis Juice Press – 12 oz cold-pressed juice, your choice of carrot apple ginger, pineapple orange ginger, watermelon, cucumber pineapple, or green ginger.
- Tree House Vegetarian Restaurant – Mojito with basil mint
- Meskerem – Ethiopian honey wine
- The Vine – Sampler: coconut dates, pistachio baklava and namura (cake)
- Rooster South Grand – S’more Crepe: house made crepe with cookie crumbs, marshmallow and dark chocolate
- Tower Grove Creamery – Regular size waffle cone or cup
- Gelateria Del Leone – Medium Gelato
The 9th Annual South Grand International Dine Around is presented by the South Grand Cultural Alliance whose mission is to attract people to work, live and play on South Grand Blvd. through community development, marketing/branding, programs and events. For more information and a link to purchase tickets, visit www.southgrand.org.
South Grand Cultural Alliance
3115 South Grand Blvd. Suite 350-B
Saint Louis MO 63118