Paul Wieland

Paul Wieland is a Missouri-born politician who is currently serving as a member of the Missouri State Senate, representing the 22nd District of the state.  Prior to assuming his current position, he was a member of the Missouri House of Representatives from the 112th District.  Wieland is a member of the Republican party.

Personal Life of Paul Wieland, Missouri State Senator

Wieland was born in St. Louis, Missouri on December 24, 1962.  He was raised in Jefferson County, Missouri and is of the Catholic faith.  After graduating from St. Pius X High School in Festus, Missouri, he went on to work at his family’s auto parts business.  Later on down the line, Wieland went on to even open his own share of small businesses.  He is currently living in Imperial, Missouri with his wife, Terri Wieland, and three children.

Career of Paul Wieland, Missouri State Senator

Wieland’s political career began in 2010 when he ran for election into the Missouri House of Representatives representing the 102nd District of the state.  Wieland’s campaign was successful, winning the election on November 2, 2010 with 5,928.  He thus defeated both Democratic candidate Jeff Roorda (who received 4,964 votes) and Constitution Party candidate Richard Blowers (who received 883 votes).  Wieland assumed his position in the Missouri House of Representatives in January of 2011.

In 2012, Wieland ran for reelection into the Missouri House of Representatives for District 112.  This time, however, he was up against Democratic candidate Daniel James.  The winner of the 2012 election was clear, with Wieland receiving 59.1% of the 15,709 total votes.  James, on the other hand, only was able to secure 40.9% with 6,425 total votes in his favor.  The election took place on November 6, 2012.

In 2014, Wieland took the next large step in his political career and ran for election into the Missouri State Senate.  This time, he was up against Democratic candidate Jeff Roorda, who he also ran against in the 2010 election for a spot in the Missouri House of Representatives.  Both Wieland and Roorda ran unopposed in their primary elections.  In the general election, Wieland took home the victory, scoring 54.2% of the 40,982 total votes.  Roorda, on the other hand, was only able to secure 18,774 votes in his favor, as opposed to 22,208 votes in favor of Wieland.  Wieland assumed his new position in the Missouri State Senate in January of 2015, representing District 22.  His term in the Missouri State Senate ends on January 7, 2019.

At the start of the 2015 legislative session, Wieland served on the following committees: General Laws and Pensions (Vice Chair), Financial and Governmental Organizations and Elections, Jobs, Economic Development and Local Government, Small Business, Insurance and Industry, and the Joint Committee on Education.  At the start of the 2017 legislative session, Wieland served on the following committees: Economic Development, Insurance and Banking (Chair), Professional Registration, Seniors and Families and Children, Small Business, Insurance and Industry (Vice chair), Joint Committee on Child Abuse and Neglect, and the Joint Committee on Education.

Additional information: