“Over 3,000 more Minnesotans have received protection against COVID-19 thanks to the State Fair’s Community Vaccination Clinic. Thank you to everyone who made this convenient vaccination opportunity for Minnesotans possible,” said Governor Walz. “We need every eligible Minnesotan to roll up their sleeves and get their shot so we can have a safe, healthy fall and make our schools safer for students and teachers. Our children who cannot yet get vaccinated are relying on you.”
In total, 3,118 Fairgoers received a free COVID-19 vaccine at the Community Vaccination Clinic and 3,042 Fairgoers claimed a $100 Visa gift card for getting their first dose.
“Our mission has always been to make getting COVID-19 shots as easy and convenient as possible,” said Lieutenant Governor Peggy Flanagan. “The State Fair vaccination clinic was a huge success in meeting more than 3,000 people where they are to continue building broad community protection against COVID-19. Vaccines and opportunities to get vaccinated are widely available across the state. If we want to keep our kids in schools and parents at work this year, we need everyone who is eligible to do their part and get vaccinated.”
Last week, Governor Walz and the YMCA of the North announced a series of free COVID-19 vaccine clinics at YMCA locations across the Greater Twin Cities area.
How Minnesotans can get their free COVID-19 vaccine:
- Walk in or make an appointment through the Vaccine Connector: VaccineConnector.mn.gov .
- Minnesota Department of Health COVID-19 Public Hotline
- Mon-Fri, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. & Sat, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Use the state’s Vaccine Locator Map to find a vaccine provider near you: https://mn.gov/covid19/vaccine/find-vaccine/locations/index.jsp .
- Check for vaccine appointments using the Vaccine Finder on https://www.vaccines.gov/ . You can search for appointments by vaccine type (e.g., Pfizer).
- Contact your primary health care provider or a local pharmacy.