Jill Schupp

Jill Schupp is a Missouri-born politician who is currently serving as a member of the Missouri State Senate.  Before stepping into her current position in 2014, she served as a member of the Missouri House of Representatives, representing the 88th district of the state.  Schupp is a member of the Democratic party.

Personal Life of Jill Schupp, Missouri State Senator

Schupp was born in St. Louis, Missouri on January 27, 1955.  After graduating from high school, she went on to continue her education at the University of Missouri.  After obtaining her Bachelor’s Degree, she went on to do graduate work at the University of Missouri-Kansas City, becoming certified to work as a teacher.  Post-graduation, she went on the join the work force and eventually accepted a position as Senior Vice-President of an advertising agency.

Career of Jill Schupp, Missouri State Senator

Schupp’s political career originally began in 2000 when she began to serve as President of the Ladue School Board.  Following that in 2007, she was elected onto the Creve Coeur City Council.  The following year in 2008, Schupp made a large leap in her political career and ran in the election to have a seat in the Missouri House of Representatives, representing District 82 of the state.  Running against her was Republican candidate Frank Plescia.  In the end, Schupp was victorious, garnering 59.7% of the total votes.  Plescia, on the other hand, was only able to secure 40.3% of the total votes.

In 2010, Schupp ran for reelection into the Missouri House of Representatives and was successful, affirming her seat in the house.  In 2012, she ran for reelection, unopposed once again in both the primary and general elections.

In 2014, Schupp took the next step in her political career and ran for election into the Missouri State Senate.  The race was a much harder win than in years past, however.  Also running were Republican candidate Jay Ashcroft and Libertarian candidate Jim Higgins.  In the primary election, Schupp was unopposed.  In the general election, which took place in November of 2014, Schupp reigned victorious, beating both Ashcroft and Higgins.  Schupp received 50.1% of the total 55,945 votes whereas Ashcroft only received 46.8% and Higgins only received 3.1%.  Schupp assumed her new position in the Missouri State Senate on January 12, 2015.  Her current term is up on January 7, 2019.

During the 2011 to 2012 legislative session, Schupp was on the following committees: Appropriations – Transportation and Economic Development, General Laws, Higher Education and Small Business.

During the 2013 to 2014 legislative session, Schupp was on the following committees: Budget, Children, Families, and Persons with Disabilities, Health Insurance, Higher Education, and the Joint Committee on the Life Sciences.

At the start of the 2015 legislative session, Schupp was on the following committees: General Laws and Pensions, Progress and Development, Seniors, Families and Children, Veterans’ Affairs and Health, and the Joint Committee on Child Abuse and Neglect.  At the start of the 2017 legislative session, Schupp was on the following committees: Economic Development, Education, Health and Pensions, Professional Registration, Seniors, Families and Children, and Veterans Affairs and Military Affairs.

External Links:

Internal Links:

Submit a Press ReleaseGet Your Message in News - Submit a Press Release

If you have something of public interest, submit a PRESS RELEASE.  Your news/press release will be shown on:

  • STL.News
  • Google News
  • Shared to our Social Media Audience
  • Emailed to our Email Subscribers

CLICK to submit a press release today for $139.95

Get our news stories dropped into your inbox.  Click Follow button on the right side of screen to subscribe to email news service.  When we publish news, there will be a link to the article in your email.

Follow this blog

Get every new post delivered right to your inbox.