Indonesia – volcano toll rises

Indonesia volcano toll rises as search for missing continues

(STL.News) The death toll following the eruption of Indonesia’s Semeru volcano has risen to 13, officials said, as rescuers searched villages blanketed in molten ash for survivors.

In a statement on Sunday, a spokesman for Indonesia’s disaster mitigation agency (BNPB) said two of the 13 people killed by the eruption had been identified.

The spokesman, Abdul Muhari, said at least 98 people had been injured, including two pregnant women, while 902 people have been evacuated from the villages surrounding Semeru in the East Java Province.

Al Jazeera’s Jillian Wolf reports.

SOURCE: Al Jazeera News via YouTube