Building Blocks of Success: IDOT announces February dates for Disadvantaged Business Enterprise program workshops
CHICAGO, IL (STL.News) The Illinois Department of Transportation is hosting free virtual workshops in February as part of its continuing Building Blocks of Success series for firms interested in participating in the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise program, strengthening their skills and bidding on state construction projects.
The workshop dates and topics are:
- Feb. 8, 10 a.m. to noon: Basic Math for Pay Items -1
- Feb. 9, 10 a.m. to noon: Basic Math for Pay Items – 2
- Feb. 10, 10 a.m. to noon: Basic Math for Pay Items – 3
- Feb. 14, 10 a.m. to noon: Meet the RE, Construction Supervisor and the Bureau Chief of Construction
- Feb. 22, 10 a.m. to noon: What Banks Look for: Basic Requirements
- Feb. 23, 10 a.m. to noon: Understanding How Banks Make Lending Decisions
Future topics covered include financing, QuickBooks training, estimating and bidding, insurance, management, steps needed to be certified as a DBE firm and more.
Building Blocks of Success will continue through April. Workshop information, including dates and times, is available through Eventbrite at bit.ly/DBEworkshops. Advance registration is required.
Questions can be directed to IDOT’s DBE Resource Center at (312) 939.1100.
As part of Gov. Pritzker’s historic and bipartisan Rebuild Illinois program, IDOT is helping to deliver the largest capital program in state history. IDOT strives to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in the implementation of this program, including contracting and workforce participation.
Administered by IDOT, the DBE program provides minorities, women and other eligible small businesses opportunities to participate in highway, transit and airport contracts that are federally and state funded.