The Crossing in Clayton, MO
ST. LOUIS, MO: (STLRestaurant.News) – When you’re thinking about a wonderful DINING experience, you need to look no further than The Crossing, located at 7823 Forsyth Blvd. in Clayton. Owner/ Executive, Chef Jim Fiala, formerly of New York’s renowned Restaurant Daniel, opened in 1998 with a mission of creating the finest “fine dining” restaurant in St. Louis. That meant making sure that food, dining, and service were all bits of the hospitality picture. He’s spent the last two decades perfecting his vision.
Ranked high by both Urban Spoon, and TripAdvisor, this 70-seat establishment serving unique dishes using locally-sourced ingredients, is considered one of the best restaurants in St. Louis. They offer unique various priced tasting menus, along with ala carte. They also have a full wine and bar service. And although they’re on the Top 10 list for best Italian restaurant, the name indicates the meeting of French and Italian influences.
Word of mouth has it that the selection, preparation, and presentation of the food are nothing short of amazing! Chef Fiala is said to be extremely creative, the ambiance charming, and service are all excellent. Another perk that gets mentioned often is the fact that menus are not brought out immediately. Instead diners are able to settle in, enjoy a cocktail and share small talk with friends.
Whether you’re trying the Tuna Tartare, Egg Raviolo, Grass Fed Tenderloin, or simply, the Salted Caramel, you won’t be disappointed. Different priced tasting menus are offered, along with the a la carte menu. The four-course tasting menus do seem to be the most popular and best value for your money. They range from $35 on up.
If looking for a restaurant for that special occasion, or just an exceptional “fine dining” experience, The Crossing, is a sure bet.
Some Additional Menu Items:
- Mixed Greens made with Granny Smith apples, vinaigrette, honey 6.00
- The Crossing’s Beet Salad- goat cheese, pine nuts, sherry, pesto 14.00
- Gemelli- gulf shrimp, brandy, tomato, light cream sauce 15.00
- Orecchiette- roasted local cauliflower, crispy local pancetta 12.00
- Farfalle- English peas, prosciutto di Parma, sweet cream 12.00
- Fresh Tagliolini Pasta- wild mushrooms 16.00
- Grass-Fed Cheddar Burger with horseradish romaine saw 13.00
- Maryland Blue Crab Cake with romaine, pesto-ranch romaine slaw 13.00
- Sautéed Organic Tilapia with ranch romaine slaw, tomato 13.00
- Grilled Free Range Chicken with cucumbers, arugula, sambal aioli 13.00
- Grilled Free Range Chicken 15.00
- Organic Tilapia 15.00
- Sea Scallops 22.00
- Maryland Blue Crab Cake 15.00
- Wild Yellowfin Tuna 22.00
- Gulf Shrimp Scampi 22.00