COLUMBIA, MO (STL.News) – The Columbia City Clerk’s Office is accepting applications for boards and commissions. Boards and commissions are a way for citizens to be involved in local government and to represent the voices of their fellow community members. Applications must be received by the City Clerk’s Office, 701 E. Broadway, second floor, by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 8. Applications are available at the Clerk’s Office or on the City’s website at CoMo.gov on the City Council page. The following are current boards and commissions openings:
· Citizens Police Review Board
· City of Columbia New Century Fund Inc. Board
· Commission on Human Rights
· Public Transit Advisory Commission
· Tax Increment Financing Commission
· Tobacco Retailer License Review Board
To view a brief description and eligibility requirements, visit CoMo.gov/Council/Vacancies or contact the Clerk’s Office.