Top 10 St. Louis Restaurants for Date Night
St. Louis, MO/November 12, 2017 (STL.News) – Whether it’s a first date or a night out with your lifelong companion, date night is special. So, dining out on date night calls for someplace special to share a great meal and conversation. We wanted to know where St. Louis diners like to go for a special meal with that someone special. We checked the customer reviews for the best date night restaurants in St. Louis and found hundreds of choices. The top ten picks are spread across the metro area, and range from casual to fine dining. They vary greatly in style and flavor, but all seem to have a few key elements in common: delicious food, better than average service, and a memorable ambiance.
St. Louis’ favorite date night restaurant is a little Italian place in an unassuming strip mall off Olive Blvd. and North Woods Mill Road. Paul Manno’s Cafe in the Forum Shopping Center doesn’t look like much on the outside. But inside, it’s a classic Italian restaurant with white linen tablecloths and glistening chandeliers. The 20-year old restaurant offers the kind of dishes you would expect in an upscale Italian eatery. You’ll find expertly prepared veal, chicken, seafood, and steak dishes. There are incredible pastas, and customers rave about their tender, creamy tiramisu. One of the elements of Paul Manno’s that makes it a great date night restaurant is the tableside food preparation. There’s just something really special about having your salad tossed or your steak flamed at your table. It makes the meal memorable and for date night, it adds a sense of pampering that elevates the shared experience of dining out. Customers consistently report the food at Paul Manno’s is second to none—from the salad and wine list to the entrees and desserts—this is fine Italian dining. Hint: Paul Manno’s Cafe doesn’t take online reservations. In fact, they don’t have a website. You will want to call well in advance of your intended dinner out in order to reserve your table during prime dining hours. It may take a little effort, but this is a date night dinner at an intimate little Italian place unlike any other, and customers say it’s worth it.
There are lots of other great places for a fabulous date night dinner. Here are St. Louis’ top 10 favorites, according to customer reviews:
1. Paul Manno’s Cafe (4.65 stars/312 reviews) Chesterfield, 75 Forum Shopping Center, Chesterfield, MO 63017, (314) 878-1274.
2. Hendel’s Restaurant (4.64 stars/473 reviews) Old Town Florissant, 599 Saint Denis Street, Florissant, MO 63031, (314) 837-2304.
3. I Fratellini (4.62 stars/246 reviews) Clayton, 7624 Wydown Blvd, Clayton, MO 63105, (314) 727-7901.
4. Polite Society (4.61 stars/114 reviews) Lafayette Square, 1923 Park Ave, Saint Louis, MO 63104, (314) 325-2553.
5. Peppe’s Apt 2 (4.53 stars/203 reviews) Kirkwood, 800 South Geyer Road, Kirkwood, MO 63122, (314) 909-1375.
6. Cleveland-Heath (4.51 stars/674 reviews) Edwardsville, 106 North Main Street, Edwardsville, IL 62025, (618) 307-4830.
7. Broadway Oyster Bar (4.50 stars/2258 reviews) Downtown, 736 South Broadway, Saint Louis, MO 63102, (314) 621-8811.
8. Tony’s (4.49 stars/532 reviews) Downtown, 410 Market Street, Saint Louis, MO 63102, (314) 231-7007.
9. Taste Bar (4.49 stars/492 reviews) Central West End, 4584 Laclede Ave, Saint Louis, MO 63108, (314) 361-1200.
10. The Fountain On Locust (4.48 stars/1199 reviews) Midtown, 3037 Locust Street, Saint Louis, MO 63103, (314) 535-7800.
There are literally thousands of restaurants, pubs, microbreweries, and cafes that are appealing options for date night dining in the St. Louis area. With only ten restaurants in the top 10, we left out hundreds a remarkably fun, delicious options. We wanted to share some of our favorites that didn’t quite make the list. To these terrific date night destinations, we offer Honorable Mentions:
Twisted Tree Steakhouse (4.472 stars/233 reviews) Sunset Hills, 10701 Watson Road, Saint Louis, MO 63127, (314) 394-3366. This casual, rustic steakhouse missed making the top 10 by less than 1/100 of a point. Consistently good customer reviews have made them Top 10 regulars in a variety of categories. Twisted Tree currently occupies the #5 spot on our Steakhouse Top 10, #4 on our Top 10 Best Seafood list, #5 on our Best Cocktail Bars list, and #5 on our list of the Top 10 Wine Bars in St. Louis. The aged steaks at Twisted Tree are legendary, and the dinner plates are assembled tableside, making for a special dining experience.
Peel Wood Fired Pizza (4.39 stars/590 reviews) Edwardsville, 921 South Arbor Vitae, Edwardsville, IL 62025, (618) 659-8561. This is a terrific casual date night destination, that’s a little off the beaten path, but not a long trek from anywhere. Peel offers fresh, handmade Neapolitan style pizza, unique entrees (including wood-fired paella) and fresh beer they brew themselves. They also have a terrific cocktail bar and a respectable, global wine list. The ambiance is fun and casual, and the food and beverages are excellent, making this a terrific (and affordable) date night dinner option.
Brasserie by Niche (4.32 stars/667 reviews) Central West End, 4580 Laclede Ave, Saint Louis, MO 63108, (314) 454-0600. Gerard Craft’s little French joint is a classy choice that offers food and environs worldly enough to be called sophisticated, yet cozy and familiar enough to invite even the more cautious diner. This is one of those rare places where everything on the menu is delicious. But be sure to save room for one of their shareable desserts. The Brasserie by Niche feels date night special, without breaking the bank.